Step 1: make an application for a Marriage Licence
2. Review recommendations on re-marrying after a divorce proceedings, if relevant.
3. Finish a married relationship licence application.
- For quicker service, apply online.
- You can print the form if you are unable to submit your application online or prefer to use a paper version.
4. Search well for a populous City Clerk’s workplace with all the after:
- completed application dated with exclusive signatures (perhaps not scanned or photocopied)
- 2 bits of original and government that is valid ID for every single individual using through the listing of appropriate ID (see recognition demands)
- breakup paperwork, if relevant
You are able to use without your spouse, if:
- the two of you have actually signed and dated the finished application (applications with scanned or signatures that are photocopied never be accepted)
- you bring the necessary recognition for each individual in the application (original ID only, we’ll maybe maybe perhaps not accept photocopies or scanned images)
- bring divorce that is original, if relevant
- If you fail to read or realize English, you have to bring your own personal interpreter.
- The interpreter must provide their very own recognition.
The expense of a wedding licence is $140 (HST will not use).
The wedding licence cost is non-refundable.
Anybody older than 16 yrs . old will get hitched in Ontario. If you’re under 18 years old you will require permission from your own moms and dads or appropriate guardians. a consent that is parental should be finished. Types can be purchased in our workplace. Your moms and dads or appropriate guardians must additionally be current at that time you distribute your wedding licence application.
Most people are welcome to try to get a wedding licence and acquire married in Ontario, whether your home is here forever or temporarily. There are not any gender, residency, citizenship or requirements that are medical trying to get a wedding licence. What’s needed are identical for all.
Each individual trying to get the wedding licence must bring 2 items of appropriate federal federal federal government issued recognition (ID) through the list below.
- Recognition must certanly be legitimate and initial (we’re going to maybe perhaps maybe not accept photocopies or images/documents that are scanned
- Recognition must definitely provide your legal title and date of delivery
- Very first and final names must match in the two items of ID which are presenting.
- To have your middle name(s) included on your own wedding licence it should additionally show up on both bits of ID.
- ID in the list could be from any nation, so long as it really is government given.
- If the ID isn’t in English, a written interpretation from an avowed translator is needed.
- Health cards and S.I.N. cards will never be accepted.
- Birth Certification
- Driver’s Licence
- Ontario picture Card (Purple photo ID card)
- Certification of Canadian Citizenship (Canadian Citizenship Card)
- Canadian Government Refugee Travel Document
- Conditional Launch Identification Card
- Usa Green Card
- Native Reputation Card
- Record of Immigration Landing
- Verification of Permanent Residency
- Permanent Residency Card
- Citizenship Card
- Identification Card
- Nexus Card
- Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC)
- Possession & Acquisition Licence (PAL)
Divorced in Canada
You have to submit proof that is official of divorce proceedings once you make an application for hot russian women a wedding licence. This is the first or perhaps a court-certified content of the:
- Final decree
- Certification of divorce proceedings
A certified content of either of the aforementioned breakup documents could be acquired through the court office that granted the divorce or separation. A Decree Nisi, Divorce purchase or Judgement is certainly not appropriate. All papers is returned.
Should you not know where your divorce or separation had been awarded you are able to contact the Central Registry of Divorce Proceedings or 1-613-957-4519.
Divorced Outside of Canada (Foreign Breakup)
If perhaps you were divorced outside of Canada, you will have to offer specific papers to show that you’re not any longer hitched. Work regarding the Registrar General for the province of Ontario has to validate these documents and offer authorization to help you to definitely get a wedding licence.
To find out more, contact the Marriage Office at 1-800-461-2156 (toll-free) or go to provider Ontario. Foreign breakup packages can be picked up also at any one of our workplaces.